Undiscovered Italy - Puglia
7 nights €899 per person
Uncover one of Italy's best kept secrets on our escorted holiday to Puglia. This charming corner in the south of Italy is full of beautiful towns and villages, stunning coastline and, of course, it is overflowing with tantalizing local food and wine. You will experience the very best of this unspoiled region on our 7 night escorted holiday of Puglia.
Arrival at Bari Airport with Meet & Greet with our representative and transfer to the 4* Grand Hotel D'Aragona. Welcome drink after check in and short tour presentation. Enjoy some free time before dinner at the hotel.
After breakfast at the hotel, morning guided excursion to Alberobello, the UNESCO Capital of the Trulli. Transfer to a local masseria for lunch. In the afternoon transfer back to the hotel and spend the evening enjoying the local area.
After breakfast at the hotel, enjoy a full day at leisure to explore the whitewashed towns of the Itria Valley or the caves of Castellana, just a short train ride away from the hotel.
Following breakfast at the hotel, alight the luxury coach for a full day excursion in Matera, including the UNESCO site of “Sassi” and 2019 European Capital of Culture. Explore this unique city and spot the filming locations of Mel Gibson’s “Passion of Christ” and Morgan Freeman’s “Ben Hur”.
Enjoy some free time for lunch. After lunch, transfer back to the hotel for dinner at the hotel that evening.
Breakfast at the hotel
A full day at leisure to explore the Itria Valley by electric bike or the stunning Adriatic coastline, with the charming towns of Polignano a Mare and Monopoli.
Following breakfast at the hotel, transfer to Lecce for a morning guided excursion in the Baroque Florence of the South with free time for lunch. After lunch, transfer to the Primitivo Wine Museum in Manduria for a private guided tour of the cellars and the museum, followed by wine tasting.
Return to the hotel with dinner at the hotel that evening.
After breakfast at the hotel enjoy a full day at leisure to explore Bari, the capital town of Puglia, on a rickshaw or head north to visit the Romanesque gems of Trani, with its wonderful cathedral on the sea, or Barletta, with its imposing castle on the sea.
Dinner at the hotel with overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel with transfer to Bari airport for your return flight to Dublin.
The price of €899 per person includes:
• Return flights with Ryanair from Dublin : Depart Dublin on Friday 8:05. Arrive Bari 12:30, with a carry-on bag
• Meet & greet at Bari Airport with our representative
• Airport transfers on private coach with English speaking assistant
• 7 nights B&B in a 4* Hotel Grand Hotel D'Aragona
• 4 dinners at the hotel (wine and water included with dinner) on day 1, 4, 6 and 7
• Guided excursions with private coach and professional tour leader as follows:
• Guided tour of Alberobello, the UNESCO capital of the Trulli + Traditional lunch in a masseria (wine and water included)
• Guided tour of Lecce, the Baroque Florence of the South + Private cellar and wine museum tour followed by food & wine tasting
• Guided tour of Matera, the UNESCO city of Sassi and 2019 European Capital of Culture.
• Depart Bari on Friday at 12:55 / Arrive Dublin 15:25
Departure Dates 2017:
Friday, 4 Aug
Friday, 29 Sep
Friday, 6 Oct
Booking deposit of €250 per person is due at the time of booking.
The single supplement is €199.
The balance is due 10 weeks before departure.